National Arts in Education Week
Aug 21, 2019
September 8-14, 2019 is National Arts In Education Week.
Established by Congress in 2010 through House Resolution 275, this week celebrates the impact of arts on learning and is used as an opportunity to raise awareness. Here are two ways you can participate:
1. Host a National Arts Education Week Celebration by scheduling arts learning programming for this week, and invite decision makers to to the performance to show them the power of arts in action. Alternatively, invite them to a program you have already scheduled for later in the year, using this week of advocacy as a catalyst for action.
2. Share your stories of how you have seen the arts impact students. Post your stories to our Facebook page or on Twitter (tagging @yaofma) with #BecauseofArtsEd. Be sure to tag your local decision makers in your posts. Or, email your story to us directly, and we will share it for you. Can't think of a story? Share the language of the congressional resolution to show your support.
Each day of the week at 3pm EST, a webinar will be hosted by Americans for the Arts on one of the designated topics. The webinars can be registered for ahead of time and will be free of charge to all attendees. The schedule will be as follows:
- Monday, Sept. 11, 3:00 p.m ET: Arts Education for Incarcerated Youth. Register now!
- Tuesday, Sept. 12, 3:00 p.m. ET: Arts Education for Students with Disabilities. Register now!
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, 3:00 p.m. ET: Arts Education for English Language Learners. Register now!
- Thursday, Sept. 14, 3:00 p.m. ET: Arts Education for LGBT Youth. Register now!
- Friday, Sept. 15, 3:00 p.m. ET: Arts Education for Native American Youth. Register now!
Each day of the week at 8pm EST, a twitter chat will be hosted on one of the
• Monday, September 11, 8:00 p.m ET: #JuvenileJustice. Register now!
• Tuesday, September 12, 8:00 p.m. ET: #SwDchat. Register now!
• Wednesday, September 13, 8:00 p.m. ET: #ELLchat. Register now!
• Thursday, September 14, 8:00 p.m. ET: #LGBTyouth. Register now!
• Friday, September 15, 8:00 p.m. ET: #NativeYouth. Register now!
The chat will be hosted by Jeff M. Poulin (@JeffMPoulin) and co-hosts. Be sure to follow#ArtsEdChat
Consistent with the social media campaign theme, #BecauseOfArtsEd, a blog salon will be hosted over the course of the week on ARTSblog.
A group of bloggers is selected to write about their experience in arts education and the impact it has had on their lives. These blogs will release throughout the week and are encouraged to be shared far and wide.
The blog salon can be found here.