Around the World in Song!: A Celebration of Song for Children and Families
The Guy Mendilow Ensemble opens up a world of music to children in this deeply interactive global adventure. Uplifting, funny and fun, the show starts with the premise that children deserve the respect and dignity of “real people.” With songs, stories and instruments from cultures worldwide, Around the World in Song! introduces children to the amazing ways people make music with their voices, bodies, and whatever else they find at-hand.
Program available in person.
Audience Limit: 250
Curriculum Connection: Music fundamentals, World Cultures
Single Performance + Optional Workshop: $1,300
Additional Performances: $1,040
Travel: $150 per day
Pricing may vary for weekends/out-of-school time
Processing Fee of $30 added to all contracts
- Acoustic piano, well-tuned. Electric piano (e.g. Yamaha clavinova or equivalent also acceptable)
- One or two lockable dressing rooms, close to a private bathroom, where possible
- Room temperature bottled water (for stage and for dressing room)
- Access to two electric outlets within 5 ft of stage area
- Lunch for three performers on days with multiple in-person performances (please inquire about dietary restrictions)
- Three parking spots, preferably near entrance or loading area
- Someone (could be a group of responsible students) to act as stage manager, letting the artist know "10 minutes until showtime", "5 minutes until showtime," and physical walk to 'places.’
- Minimum stage dimensions: 10 ft wide x 8 ft deep, with 7 ft distance between performance and seating area
- Center aisle wide enough for two performers to walk side by side. Area must be clean and free of clutter, with the performance the only activity occurring in that space.
Arrival time before first performance: 150 minutes for amplified performances, 75 minutes for unamplified performances
Strike time: 75 minutes
Time needed between performances: 20 minutes minimum.
Teachers are asked to model appropriate audience behavior for students.
Please introduce the performers as an Arts for Learning Massachusetts artist, using an introduction provided by the performer.